(1) Establish goals and targets that you see fit for your company and the potential commercial benefits associated with a sustainable initiative
(2) Work with your suppliers and identify if a recycling option exists for your end product
(3) Ask the supplier for toxic minerals report of current/prospect mobile phones
(4) If toxic chemicals are present, evaluate sourcing other options that fit requirements set out by engineering without lead, halogens, or other toxic chemicals.
(5) Create a proposal for procedure change on decision criteria for purchasing phones that includes toxic chemicals as a consideration or limitation
(6) Get alignment with Engineering, and other stakeholders/decision-makers
(7) Execute new procedure change in purchasing (EOI/ RFQ, etc.)
(8) Award contract and monitor