(1) Assess through the preliminary evaluations of in-use products/ingredients. This step is crucial to understand and compare the sourcing process for ingredients and packaging.
(2) Perform market research to identify potential local sustainable sourcing opportunities within your community.
(3) Conduct a self-assessment to determine the feasibility of switching over to local procurement of ingredients and packaging.
(4) Align with stakeholders to ensure that awareness of changes being made, and it is an initiative or a part of goal being pursued.
(5) Based on data, make an informed decision, and make the switch.
(6) Ensure that quality is maintained and tracked.