(1) Assess and establish a single-use plastics ban for all events operating at the hotel/facility.
(2) Identify and support potential clients using the hotel as a venue to make a shift to more sustainable practices.
(3) Conduct research and compile the results of potential alternatives to single-use plastics and offer solutions to the clients.
(4) Align with stakeholders, through short training programs for potential clients, employees, and your company team to raise awareness among corporate guests and inspire similar initiatives around in the industry.
(5) Implement the changes in hotels/facilities. For example, A creative solution by the Radisson hotels was the implementation of filtered water systems, which saved up to 3.2 tons of CO2 emissions through the elimination of plastic water bottle usage.